DCSB Clan Forum Board  

Go Back   DCSB Clan Forum Board > General > Hall Of Arts
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hall Of Arts Show off your digital imaging skills and artistic creativity!

Old February 22, 2008   #1
Phonetik
.:DCSB:. Member

Rep Power: 28 Phonetik has a spectacular aura aboutPhonetik has a spectacular aura aboutPhonetik has a spectacular aura about
John's Musical Creations

I decided to start a new thread containing all the music I release. Will update it periodically with downloads. Hopefully you'll enjoy them; if not, feel free to make suggestions.

You can find all of the available tracks by following the following link to my file repository at files.jamtrio.co.uk.

If you have any musical ideas you'd like to see put into a full mixed track, send them to me. It will keep me occupied.

In each reply below I'll explain a little bit about each track I upload. Enjoy!

Last edited by EQ²; February 22, 2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: fixed link
Phonetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2008   #2
Phonetik

Rep Power: 28 Phonetik has a spectacular aura aboutPhonetik has a spectacular aura aboutPhonetik has a spectacular aura about
Re: John's Musical Creations

Release #1

Thomas Bronzwaer - Constellation (Prolific Revisit)

This is one of my favourite trance tunes of all time. Euphoric and uplifting yet dark and restless, the soaring semiquaver melody lifts off into the sky after the second breakdown.

Really like this one, hopefully the remix will live up to the original in some way.

Check it out at the repository!
Old February 27, 2008   #3
Phonetik

Release #2

Prolific - Quite Seriously

This is an original work I dreamt up over a few long nights. I may recall this release to make some adjustments to the mix, but it's about as musically finished as it's likely to get; and I don't want to fiddle too much in fear of ruining it.

An up-tempo, rolling trancer with elements of the "harder influence". An interesting melodic structure accompanies this particular work, the A section crescendoing into an energetic B section, modified at the breakdown to bring about B1 and rising into the dirty hard-tech-electro influence of section C. After a short cresc. we rise back into what can only be described as a variation on B, which brings us, through slow diminuendo, to the end.

It is the "Vinyl" version of the track, and as such, there is a decent amount of percussion buildup before the main body of the song begins. For those of you unfamiliar with dance music, this is such that the DJ can have time to match the beat of the track with the previous one and drop it in at an appropriate place.

Check it out at the file repository
Old March 16, 2008   #4
Saiboat

ey mate nice tunage, which pieces of software do you use for your production and is that your setup on that page (the three images)? if so, are you a bit rich? xD im trying to work on some electronic music too with my neighbour but were more on the techno dnb kinda trip atm. hope to hear more from you soon mate =D

last.fm
Saiboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2008   #5
Saiboat

fakeedit: wtf no more edit buttons? and whats this shit design style of the forums now? anyways dude, you got myspace? i recon its very good for new producers because people get to know you real quick... we got a myspace already but basically just to get the name before somebody else does theres no music up yet because we still suck very much www.myspace.com/skoize

last.fm
Old March 16, 2008   #6
BFG
Hostile Witness

Rep Power: 33 BFG is a jewel in the roughBFG is a jewel in the roughBFG is a jewel in the rough

The forum is under a bit of renovation. Since it's such a pain in the ass, changing things around takes some time. Also, myspace.com is just a cutesie site for teenagers with low self-esteem and losers with no life to make themselves feel important.
Old March 16, 2008   #7
Prim£
Tough situation, so,beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG View Post
The forum is under a bit of renovation. Since it's such a pain in the ass, changing things around takes some time. Also, myspace.com is just a cutesie site for teenagers with low self-esteem and losers with no life to make themselves feel important.

Ah, so that is why you have 5 pages on there Dwayne??

But seriously, too many loosers and assholes on MySpace. Wouldn't it be better to make your own site and host the stuff> Give you more control over how it's run too....
Old March 16, 2008   #8
Saiboat

if you dont make emo music or if youre not emo you wont meet those kinda people on there. its just this huge prejudice that myspace is only for those kind of people imo..

last.fm
Old March 17, 2008   #9
Phonetik

Release #3 (Beta)

Prolific - Telephonetik (Beta 1)

The latest from my late-night studio sessions of random and spontaneous note input. Based around a single musical idea which progresses into a euphoric yet slightly meloncholy chorus section. Rather dramatic, under-produced and unfinished; the final version will not be revealed until late this year, along with reworks of all my other productions, using the facilities at my new place of study. Nonetheless, enjoy

Link

Saiboat, to answer your questions:
Currently I find the most productive software available to me is Steinberg's Cubase SX3. I don't particularly like the interface, but it has a powerful MIDI system, natively hosts VSTi's and most other software synths, supports multi-core systems, great automation and comes with some alright-ish audio software effects like RoomWorks reverb and the basic compressor VST which actually does rather well.

If I'm feeling special I compose in Cubase and mix in Cakewalk Sonar 6, but that's personal preference. VSTs such as Native Instruments' Nexus and Reaktor, SoftPlug's AdventusDF and Cakewalk's Rapture are all great. There are a variety of free and paid-for sample packs available from the internet, many dedicated to specific genres. try www.trackitdown.net for the paid ones.

And yes, that is my equipment It's the result of 6 years of obsession with recording and audio equipment. These things take time! Don't expect to understand software environments (DAWs) straight away, btw, it's taken me 3 years to get these shitty mixes together, just from having to learn my way around every tool available, and it will be a couple more before I'm sounding anything close to professional.
Old March 18, 2008   #10
Saiboat

hey thanks for the heads up dude. i dunno how common the name prolific is in electronic music, but is this you? Prolific feat. Sabac & C-Rayz Walz - Progress (GEIN remix)

last.fm