DCSB Clan Forum Board  

Go Back   DCSB Clan Forum Board > General > Hall Of Arts
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hall Of Arts Show off your digital imaging skills and artistic creativity!

Old April 23, 2008   #11
Dalegt4
.:DCSB:. Member

Re: gt4 to date...

nah mate, stock internals good for around 350-380bhp... ive even seen some people run 400bhp with good cooling... the fmic i have is the same as fensports gt4 with 600BHP!! cost me a small fortune! lol

makes my 1.2bar seem pretty puny!
as for the ecu, that shall have to be one of the next changes if i go much further, the stock ecu can only map itself up to around 18-20psi which is slightly more than im running now, the 540cc injectors are plenty at the moment, but any more than 380 and the duty cycle might be higher than id like it to be.

so long as the cooling is kept well then it "should" stay in one peice! lol

to be honest i only run .8 bar most of the time, i have my controller set up at 4 stages, i have .8 , .9 , 1 bar and 1.2bar so fun mode basically! :D
also has off which runs boost at actuator setting which is around 0.6bar if you want to go dead slow. lol
Old May 16, 2008   #12
Prim£
Tough situation, so,beer?

Re: gt4 to date...

Dale, only heard your voice a couple of times on Matt's mic, but dude, that is a shit load of work you've done there. Nice work every step of the way. Nice to see you doing that and not just "chavving" it up like so many people do.

Hope you're getting the performance benefits out of it that you hoped for. Did I miss it, or did you not post it? But, what make/model is the turbo unit on that? Kind of interested as I know the kinds of turbos that Fiat coupe owners use. Mainly GT28r models for the uprated ones, gives serious improvents and manageable boost. Most of them are using the Blitz controler the same as the one you have.

But again, nice work dude, hope it all pays off for you, it's nice to drive 'em when you've done that much work and it pays off. Let us know how things go with this and any futre projects / plans, I like to keep my ears open when it comes to Car upgrades :D